the refuge of the process of writing
It has to be a commitment: to go to the process of writing.
***
Indeed. I'm trying to open this post and re-resolve every time I open this blogging app on my phone. And I've begun getting myself trained to open the app far more often. You think I'm kidding. People don't respect young people who have the inclination to be writers nearly enough. Re-establishing this inclination-commitment to the writer's action-identity has been hellish. Prepare to respect book&writer young adults far more. It's a war zone in where other people's minds won't read & write. We are here and remain here.
January 25.
Invent writing just to feel better. Take refuge in nature. Make art about nature. Take refuge in making art about nature.
I'll reread some Emerson, too, I think. Need Transcendentalism now.
January 29
Used the blog post update strategy to get myself back here instead of compulsively scrolling Twitter. ✅
February 7.
Also, the other functions of where "writing" is. Writing is language. If I listen to myself, I can utilize this listening to my refuge in language to prioritize, concentrate on my goals, reaffirm my priorities.
These goals am priorities can be various, of course, but a subset of them are the healthy living priorities.
April 6
Took this photo March 21. Ready for the serious journaling process to commence. Not even exactly ready--but, sick of there not being writing. Pilgrim at Tinker Creek was the particular inspiration I invoked here, though I've not read it in full.
Photo: March 21: Pilgrim at Tinker Creek: sign me up. (See this self-portrait also on Flickr.)
But The Writer's Life--also Annie Dillard's--I've had with me since my mid-20s. Her sparse style is a particular refuge for me at times like this, when I am struggling to get even a few sentences together.
So, a few nights ago I actually got to write the first blog post relaunching JillWrites.com I blogged there for a few years.
April 11
Here I am. What can I do?
This may be totally a transfer-excessive-internet-scrolling-into-writing process. Or it is on many occasions. There are reasons for that. I've especially spent a great deal of time invested in Twitter; there should be an artist statement about that.
Also, I should note I located & purchased a copy of Pilgrim at Tinker Creek in recent days. So, that theme is coming along. Dillard does a lot of nature exploration in it--I've also wanted to get back to the Haraway essay I'd been poring over. Animal familiars.
June 29.
Some more writing things in the works. Last week, I started VarsityIndieBlog.com: it's going to have a certain post-ironic-post-new-sincerity-newironicsincerity --
Resolved to start writing at the main JillWrites.com blog again, with a new commitment to whatever, anything goes, ok great because I miss the flow & the looking back on the writing & the having the life narrative.
Comments
Post a Comment