Supported Inversions Weekly Photo Journal

2017:

WEEK 1 OF 2017
This year started on a Sunday, so that particularly soothes my OCD in committing to this posting practice for the year.

WEEK 2 OF 2017

WEEK 3 OF 2017
SUNDAY


I've been going to yoga frequently, but only posting pics of it occasionally, compared to how many photos overall. 

WEEK 4 OF 2017
 

Sunday afternoon. Asana practice hasn't gotten much time this week. Will I get to take a photo later?  Visioning board workshop was today. Got some photos of inversions on there. When can I commit to a daily inversion challenge? 


WEEK 5 OF 2017
Monday.


 

This supported inversion self-portrait on my @JillWrites_Yoga Instagram


WEEK 6 OF 2017

WEDNESDAY
Restorative yoga today, and spent some time before class working on supported inversions. I'm feeling progress around the hip muscles. I feel like I'd write more, but my analysis would go in at least 5 different directions. (Too much to thumb-type & keep up with my thoughts right now.)

This photo on my @JillWrites_Yoga Instagram


 




WEEK 7 OF 2017








WEEK 8
TUESDAY:
Just did two yoga classes in a row, so I was feeling limbered to get in a few minutes trying The supported inversions. I worked in the two classes on trying to get into the hips and lower back. As I liberate that area, I'll be able to get the legs up to the wall with more authority. I've seen from watching these videos over the past few weeks that I tend to let my legs turn out. By not turning the legs out in the hip sockets, I'll be in the proper alignment to bring them overhead. (But since my hamstrings are still tight & therefore the legs aren't fully straighten-able--lost my specifics of thought, so many details to write, really. The point is I wouldn't have noticed yet without seeing it on video. 
In tonight's photo, I tried to get one foot up on a furniture support, get leverage, & try to get air time with the other foot. (2nd photo) That was fun. I think I may try to do this in a corner of the room & try scaling the walls bit. That should be enjoyable for me. πŸ˜πŸ™ƒ

 


WEEK 9
SUNDAY:

 
Also on Instagram


WEEK 10
WEDNESDAY
 



WEEK 11
 


WEEK 12


FRIDAY:
(Took a fun video. Will upload it to YouTube and share here. I already have it up on Instagram. App linking time & frustrations... Argh.) 



WEEK 13
SUNDAY
Had my 6 year old nephew take this photo of me while we were playing Sunday; fun way to start the yoga practice week.
 

WEEK 14
SUNDAY
 


In the left photo: held the egg shape for a few seconds (yay!) and began lifting one leg (1st time πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ’«πŸ™‚). In the right, I'm working on the range of motion in the lifted leg.


WEEK 15
SUNDAY 

My first time lifting a leg fully out of the egg. πŸ˜„πŸŽπŸš€πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™‚ 

 

It was fun I make this leap--I mean leap figuratively here; I didn't actually leap up--and I'd like to practice more. Have not been getting to as many gentle & restorative classes recently. 

WEEK 16
SUNDAY



SATURDAY




WEEK 17
Thinking about yoga selfies, the inversion, the symbolism of inversions, & the cycles in art & life.

 

WEEK 18
 


WEEK 19




WEEK 20

 

Working on Inversions, the philosophy of video & surveillance, and yoga culture. Thinking about the philosophy of performing under surveillance. Phsyiological drills should make it into the mix.



WEEK 21
SUNDAY

WEEK 22
 
 
WEEK 23
SATURDAY 
 

WEEK 24
Snacks on my way to an inversions class. πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ’« Didn't get to take an inversion photo (as I haven't specifically done the past few weeks), but I did get in a full inversions practice. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Very happy to keep at it. 
 

WEEK 25
SUNDAY
Inversions class today. πŸ•‰ 

LATER THAT WEEK 
(This one's not a self-portrait.)




WEEK 26



WEEK 27
Took my first aerial yoga class yesterday. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ƒ 
Thanks to Jen who led the class, took this photo, & supported my first ever flip. πŸ’«✌️✔️πŸ’ƒ



THURSDAY
Had rearranged the bedroom earlier this week, so now my yoga area  [...]


WEEK 28
✔️ Flipped on my own in aerial yoga. πŸ™ŒπŸ»

And here's a screenshot from a short video I took to survey my handstand & forearm stand form.



WEEK 29
Backbending while taking an iPhone video of myself dancing. Can nearly get into wheel from standing, but I can't do the full dropback quite yet. 

WEEK 30
Using stacked blocks and a slanted wall to get up into wall-supported headstand. πŸ’«

(Below is the week 29 photo.)


WEEK 31



WEEK 32


WEEK 33


WEEK 34


WEEK 35


WEEK 36


WEEK 37


WEEK 38


WEEK 39

Still diligently getting upside down; didn't photo it this week. Here's a pic of delicious heaps of vegetables & hot pepper salsa on tater tots I ate recently. 



WEEK 40


WEEK 41



WEEK 42
🀸🏻‍♀️

WEEK 43
Restorative at home: 


WEEK 44
Rest Later 








WEEK 45


WEEK 46



WEEK 47
(Didn’t get in an action shot at aerial yoga, but I did practice inversions. ✔️)



WEEK 48



WEEK 49


WEEK 50




WEEK 51




WEEK 52






Comments